Recipe: Spicy gluten-free vegan pizza
To continue along with our macrobiotic recipes, this is an easy gluten free vegan pizza recipe if you are on the go and need a quick healthy meal. You can grab a tub of antipasta ingredients, a gluten free pizza crust and you are basically ready!
– 1/2 cup green & black olives* (seedless)
– 1/4 cup roasted garlic*
– 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes*
– 1/2 cup artichoke hearts*
(all from the antipasta bar at Whole Foods, SO easy)
– 1/2 cup sliced shitake mushrooms* (a macrobiotic favorite)
– 3/4 cup yellow onions*, cut in half moons
– 1 gluten free pizza crust*
– Harisa sauce* (we used this great brand, Cava, you can also use tomato sauce)
– Olive oil*
*All organic, in accordance with macrobiotic principles.
Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Saute up the raw onions and mushrooms and throw in the other toppings once the onions are nice and caramelized.
- Put the pizza crust in the oven for 8-10 minutes with some oil to pre-heat it.
- Once the crust is pre-heated, put on a thin layer of Harisa and add the toppings, put in the oven at 425F.
- Prepare a nice salad on the side, pull out the pizza and slice it up. If you don’t have a pizza cutter, a 10″ chef’s knife works well.
by Judith Longo